Our mission is to know Christ, grow in Christ, and show the love of Christ within our church, our community, and the world through the power of the Holy Spirit.
In May 1853, Sunapee became a Methodist Episcopal Station, an official congregation. The Reverend Joseph D. Emerson was sent to Sunapee by the New Hampshire Conference. In that first year 40 people joined the church. In October 1856 a new church building was dedicated and by 1862 the congregation numbered 80 souls and in 1869 a bell was set in place.
On June 10, 1871, a fire burned the church and several homes and businesses. Services were held at the North Meeting House or Union Church at the intersection of Lower Main Street and North Road. A new site, across the road from the burnt-out church, was given for a new church by John Smith. The finished building was dedicated in June 1874.
Over the years several renovations were made, the most recent a two-story addition to the back of the church which added an elevator, stair, accessible restrooms and offices and meeting rooms.
Chalmers, Barbara Bache (2018). Community Methodist Church. Sunapee’s Historic Buildings & Places, Volume One, 178.